Community Fundraising Intern – Fall 2021
Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what’s most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a nine-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear Foundation is seeking a Community Fundraising Intern for the Fall of 2021. The Community Fundraising Intern will work directly with the Community Fundraising Manager to increase authentic connections between community fundraisers and our mission to provide financial and emotional support to families with children battling cancer.
In this role, you will gain experience in prospecting new community fundraisers, stewardship and engagement strategies, and project management.
- Learn how to identify new prospects in target markets to expand community fundraiser base.
- Direct experience cultivating and stewarding community fundraisers.
- Understand how community fundraising campaigns support overall organizational goals.
- Develop excellent internal and external communication skills to be able to work with all different personas.
- Conducting research on potential community fundraisers.
- Assist with the planning and execution of community fundraising events and activities.
- Support the management of community fundraiser records.
- Assist with community fundraiser mailings and special projects.
- Draft community fundraising communications.
- Assist in preparing community fundraising presentations.
- Conduct community fundraising thank you communications.
- Develop weekly community fundraising reports.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work well and with a positive attitude, especially under pressure.
- High level of computer proficiency required. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- 10-15 hours per week with start/end dates mutually agreed upon
- Remote position
To apply, please submit the following to Chloe Czaplewski, Community Fundraising Manager, by email at email@example.com.
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations