Corporate Partnerships Intern – Spring 2022
Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what’s most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear Foundation is seeking a Corporate Partnerships Intern for Spring 2022 – Summer 2022. The Corporate Partnerships Intern will work closely with Pinky Swear’s Director of Partnerships to further Pinky Swear’s mission. We are looking for a talented individual who is passionate about helping families with kids battling cancer. This will be a fantastic opportunity to support the community and gain experience in corporate engagement and stewardship in nonprofit work.
- Conduct research on existing and prospective corporate partners to build the capacity of Pinky Swear Foundation’s programs
- Determine all potential areas of capacity for corporate support: community relations, marketing/B2B, corporate foundations, etc.
- Manage and maintain necessary documentation and spreadsheets for partnership prospects and current partnership engagement
- Regularly communicate with Director of Partnerships on project status and provide accurate and consistent updates research findings, etc.
- Assist in drafting communication for Director of Partnerships, or designated staff, in relation to partnership pitches, stewardship, etc.
- Assist partnership team with sponsorship and grant applications when necessary
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be well-organized and attentive to detail, while managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Possess solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks with little direct supervision and take initiative on projects
- 10-15 hours per week
- Start/End Date – TBD (mutually agreed upon by student and PSF supervisor)
- Ability to receive college credit required
- Unpaid seasonal internship
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations
- Additional paperwork/forms may be required by student’s school