Fundraising Intern – Spring 2023
Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what’s most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We are a committed team serving an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families. If you are looking to make a difference and have an internship with meaning, please apply to join us!
The fundraising Intern is an integral part of the development team, working directly with the Annual Fund Manager to grow the individual giving program to meet overall department and organizational revenue and program goals. A successful candidate is passionate about the mission and is motivated to grow themselves as a leader.
- Assist with donor thank you calls and other communications
- Support special events and fundraising activities
- Assist with communications planning and production process
- Draft and proofread professional correspondence with donor population
- Coordinate closely with marketing team on social media, email, direct mail, and web content for fundraising activities
- Record donor communications in Raisers Edge
- Capture notes and action items from meetings
- Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications
- Understand and support the mission of the Pinky Swear Foundation
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working on multiple projects
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in organizational development, resource development, and fundraising
- Must be comfortable with calling donors and attending video calls
Hours and Terms:
- This is a virtual position open to any student across the United States
- This is an unpaid, voluntary internship. Students must be completing internship for school credit to qualify
- Students are expected to work 10-20 hours per week. Specific hours, start and end dates are flexible and to be determined between the student intern and the intern’s supervisor
- This position is also expected to attend at least one of the weekly team meetings at 8:30 am CST
Please send a resume and cover letter to Ashley Bredeson, Annual Fund Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are welcome at any time throughout the year, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The cover letter should introduce the potential candidate, describe their relevant qualifications and interest in the position.