Social Media Intern – Spring 2022
Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what’s most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
The Social Media Intern will work directly with the Social Media and Marketing Specialist to support social media efforts, including developing tactics, schedules, and executing them daily. This includes creating and sourcing content (i.e. stories, photos, posts, blogs, etc.) and setting engagement metrics.
The intern will have the opportunity to create and implement digital marketing and email engagement campaigns to drive successful fundraising campaigns/events. This will include supporting new strategies, tactics, and tools in the process of working with a fast-moving, cross-functional, and highly dedicated team of Pinky Swear Foundation staff. This internship position may also support other marketing efforts for our 2022 initiatives.
NOTE: This internship is 100% remote.
- Help to maintain Pinky Swear Foundation presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Tik Tok) by posting original, compelling content
- Start conversations online, nurturing involvement in Pinky Swear campaigns/events
- Create new ways to digitally engage people at events
- Develop an influencer strategy across target audiences
- Assist in any formal or informal photo or video shoots related to content creation
- Analyze website and social media statistics
- Assist with other marketing duties including copywriting, website, PR, advertising and partnership marketing as necessary.
- Strong interest in social media marketing
- 1 year experience preferred, but not required
- Completion of 2-3 years of undergraduate studies desired in public relations, marketing or other related business field.
- Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
- Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
- Must have a passion for service and children with cancer.
- Must be creative, personable and a self-starter.
- Must be comfortable with writing, proof reading, and a high level of attention to detail.
- 10-15 hours per week. Schedules can be adjusted according to school schedules, if needed. Regular office hours are typically 9 am – 5 pm, Monday-Friday, with some occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ability to receive college credit required.
To apply, please submit the following to Jake Leif, Social Media and Marketing Specialist by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations.