Student Leadership Intern
Pinky Swear Foundation is currently seeking a passionate Student Leadership Intern to help support all youth engagement and leadership development for youth of all ages, including college-aged youth. This position will support local and national youth leadership programs to meet overall organizational and program goals. This position is responsible for helping lead, develop and implement new and on-going youth leadership and engagement programs, as well as support our new college-based leadership initiative, the Pinky Swear PACK program. Keys to success in this position will be strong relationship building and stewardship abilities, innovation, organization, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to lead, collaborate and deliver at the same time.
• Support in developing comprehensive and engaging curriculum for Youth Leadership Council and Pinky Swear PACK programming.
• Support to recruit and steward volunteer support for Youth Leadership Council volunteer leadership positions, locally and nationwide.
• Prepare appropriate PowerPoint, spread sheet, word docs and more.
• Support fundraising to effectively engage youth with measurable goals in conjunction with the wider Philanthropy team. Includes both regional and national opportunities for peer fundraising.
• Data entry
• Attend and support local and national Youth and College Leadership Council volunteer facilitators.
• Sit in on Youth Leadership Council Board Committee meetings, take notes and provide input as needed.
• Help develop marketing materials and ideas for both the YLC and PACK.
• Help expand both the PACK and YLC into other states.
• Monitor and evaluate success of all activities, maintain all tracking reports.
• Be flexible and support the team as needed.
• Minimum of one (1) years working in the PACK
• Minimum of (1) year working with child in any aspect
• Minimum two (1) year working with youth or community groups in support of a common mission
• Experience working with children
• Active PACK member or involved with PSF
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent relationship building experience
• A personal gravitas and enthusiasm for our mission
• Ability to effectively present to large and small audiences with poise and passion, grabbing hearts and minds for our mission.
• Strong background in volunteer recruitment, management and cultivation.
• Knowledge of youth curriculum development, ranging from junior high to college-aged youth
• Capable of balancing multiple priorities and timelines effectively
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
• Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
• Highly organized and professional demeanor
• Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem-solving acumen
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Demonstrated knowledge and successful use of digital, social media and emerging online fundraising and marketing channels
• Required to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
If you are interested in applying for this position – please send your resume and a cover letter to Frankie Behr, Student Leadership Manager. Pinky Swear is an equal opportunity employer. We provide comprehensive benefits and support a flexible working culture based on respect and trust. We are a committed team serving an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families. If you are looking to make a difference and have a career with meaning, please apply to join us!
Reports to Student Leadership Manager